[Game Jam]Cute Little Demake Game Jam (RESULTS!)

I am loving the look of it already!

3 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

Looks good!

1 Like

Is the gif from a real Pokitto Prototype?

Button City is on my wishlist for switch - itā€™s so damn cute

1 Like

Hmm, not sure if I follow. The gif is from my in-progress entryā€¦ So I thinkā€¦ Yes? But I recorded the gif on desktop; I use a little adapter pattern to plug into an SFML renderer in my preferred IDE (thatā€™s why the text is wonkyā€¦ I was lazy with it). Then I just swap to FemtoIDE when I want to build & test a binary.

@Zockeromi yay! Make sure to try out the demo (canā€™t remember if itā€™s on Switchā€¦ but free on Steam) to see if the gameplay style is something you enjoy :smiley: The demo also stands alone as its own miniature story.

4 Likes

I donā€™t usually play on pc (and itā€™s not very powerful either - most games donā€™t run on it actually) but i eventually hope to get the switch version (but bought a whole basket of indie games already :laughing:)

2 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing! How did you create that scaling zoom effect? Is really smooth!

2 Likes

Ah, wellā€¦ If you mean dynamically smooth, then thatā€™s a case where recording on the computer is smoother than Pokitto (same speed, just fewer render frames). Iā€™ll have to see if I can optimize so that it feels nice on hardware.

As far as the actual scaling algorithm, itā€™s just a basic rendering every 1/scale pixels. Not bothering with anything fancy specifically because it is dynamic, fast, and the endpoints map to integer steps.

5 Likes

Howā€™s everyone feeeling?!??!

• Super! My gameā€™s gonna kick ass!
  • Too busy to answer polls. Might just make it on time.
  • Bleh. Next time. I wonā€™t have time to complete my submission.

0 voters

5 Likes

Extend jam end to following weekend?

Hi. I admit that I personally would like to extend the jam end day (24) to next weekend (29), for many reasons. It was a stupid idea to put the jam end on the middle of the week.

But you all decide, I will not vote myself

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

5 Likes

2 Likes

I think we might get few more entries if we extend the timelineā€¦

4 Likes

End of jam moved to Sunday 29th

Frankly, I donā€™t believe we will get a bunch of games on a tuesday on a working week. Its not going to happen. This was a stupid deadline and entirely my fault.

Yes yes I know it spoils the purity of the jam. But the BatComputer runs games , not excuses, which I am afraid we will get if we try to end the jam on the busiest part of the week.

Sorry for being a dictator. I will make it up by actually delivering my part of the deal and I would like everyone to really pull to get their entries running and playable.

4 Likes

Does the extension coincide with your own entry not being ready :slight_smile:

Just kidding. If it gets more games in, then its worth doing.

5 Likes

Lessons learned, I guessā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

I understand the nature of the question, but will answer nevertheless: I probably could get it ready if I wanted. But that will mean compromising at a point that is not sensible. I have done 90% of the work.

The real issue is that I feel there are several entries in the same situation. And if the ā€œyieldā€ of our jam will be 50% less because of a few days, Iā€™d rather see people pull together the stuff that they have already done.

4 Likes

Hey everyone

Important! Only for those about to submit their game to the jam

Must submit entry on itch_io ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

IMPORTANT, part 2.

If yes, should we include PokttoEmu or have a PokittoSim version so that ppl without a Pokitto can play?

IMPORTANt 3

If not all entries are submitted on itch, voting is going to require special arrangements

Since the jam has a hosting page on itch.io I figure it makes sense to submit the games there too.

The emulator can run pop/bins, so I donā€™t really think that a sim/emu version is necessary. But it could be nice for folks without a Pokitto as you say :thinking: I wouldnā€™t make it a requirement though.

4 Likes

Still 2 more submissions (we have now total four) and this will be more successful than the previous Pokitto Jam, The ā€œPunk Jamā€, where were 5 submissions. I know there are few still comingā€¦:slight_smile:

5 Likes