[Game Jam]Cute Little Demake Game Jam (RESULTS!)

demake_itch copy

Duration

2021-07-27 23:59:59 to 2021-08-24 23:59:59
Voting time 1 week

Criteria

1. Fun factor (overall gameplay)
  2. Cuteness
  3. Presentation (audio gfx polish)
  4. Replayability

Game Jam Itch_io page

Questions, help from the community?

ask here or on the itch page!

9 Likes

I like this image a lot! I’m really excited to join the jam and get something done :smiley:

2 Likes

Unfortunately Discourse has thrown yet another curveball. All wiki / games pages are broken because Discourse update deliberately removed image_url…

So now I am busy trying to fix the site

3 Likes

Current estimate jam goes live on tuesday

4 Likes

Tacos and a jam launch. My mind and my stomach will be ready :eyes::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Jam is LIVE, ladies and gentlemen!

7 Likes

I suppose Javitto (Java), Pine-2K (Javascript) and ASM are also allowed to be used?

5 Likes

Of course, I need to add those

4 Likes

If you guys have other forums where you can link the gamejam (so that it is approprita) it would be appreciated

2 Likes

I posted to fosstodon.org already https://fosstodon.org/web/statuses/106654842853109294

I’ll be doing regular updates over there too on my progress :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How is the winner decided? I cannot find the criteria anywhere.

5 Likes

I noticed someone had already posted it on the Arduboy forum in a clever way. It’s in an off topic section and talks about it as an example of possibly having Arduboy jams hosted on itch.io.

2 Likes

Four likes … but no answer.

Sorry. So:

1. Fun factor (overall gameplay)
  2. Cuteness
  3. Presentation (audio gfx polish)
  4. Replayability

For some reason they are not showing up on itch. I need to check whats up with that

Also, if you have feedback on these criteria, please say so. It is 4 weeks before judging begins

6 Likes

Thanks … In that order or equally weighted?

I am glad you didn’t say devlog as I am not keen on creating those for my games ore reading others (sorry :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Equally weighted I think. Lets keep it simple.

4 Likes

Could you make this topic stick to the top of the forum while the contest is running?

This way, it would be easier to find the game jam’s itch.io link.

6 Likes

Hey fellows,

if you are making a game for this game jam and do not have a devlog, we would love to see a glimpse of your game! Even a single screenshot or a short description would be great :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Up until last December, I was on the dev team for a game called Button City. It just released yesterday, actually. Its aesthetic is already cute, so I thought it would be fun to demake it (and got permission).

It’s a narrative adventure game, so there’s a good chance I’m tanking my “replayability” score, but oh well. I don’t jam for scores :slightly_smiling_face:

capture

(Edit: putting in a screen grab that’s a little less… large.)

9 Likes