[Game]Dark Ritual [V1.1.0]

So you did.

People actually use WPF? :P

1 Like

Good question. I’m so addicted to winForm that I keep procrastinating on apply to wpf.
Blazor seems the new way to go anyway.
Totally off topic, I know.

Version 1.0 is ready to go. Please follow the install instructions to copy the POP and sound files to your Pokitto.

Enjoy!

5 Likes

… There goes my magazine cover :sob:

Guys, you have to learn this. Game launches are events. Every big game release has to be hyped properly before release.

It’s your game and you’re ofcourse free to do as you see fit, but hey, I would just like to make everything bigger on purpose (Dark Ritual T-shirts etc)

1 Like

Oh? You can hide the thread then for a while.

You can read about Dark Ritual in the new Mag!

5 Likes

This is awesome, I love the art and atmosphere! I seem to have gotten myself stuck on level 15, where I somehow locked myself behind some doors and none of the switches I have tried will open any of them. It seems unintentional because there’s no option to restart a level, and I didn’t die when the level timer ran out.

One thing I also noticed was that it was easy to accidentally dismiss the help messages from cultists in the help area, because you’re supposed to scroll down instead of press A to advance the text. I pressed A on the first help message and the cultist vanished with no way to view the message again. Maybe the cultists could not disappear in the help area?

2 Likes

Firstly, thanks for the comments!

I am sure level 15 works - note that some of the switches control multiple doors and that on that level there is also a pressure plate. You can save your progress along the way - you would have seen ‘save posts’ on some - but not all - levels. I will replay the level now and make sure it is still passable.

The timer is just for bonus points on the level. It does not kill you.

I will look at the help area - I hadn’t considered that the disappearing cultists on the game would also disappear in the help area too.

1 Like

OK … I just replayed the level, its definitely passable. That’s not to say you cannot lock yourself into a corner by a certain combination of levers. @wuuff if you get stuck, can you PM me a pic of the game so I can see where you are located?

I should have mentioned, assuming you have saved your game along the way you can always just turn the device off and restart from the saved level.

I figured the level was passable, I just think I soft-locked my game. I already turned off the Pokitto, and I would need to replay a few levels to get back to level 15. I was in the bottom left of the level, behind the 3 doors at the top. They were all closed after I stepped on the leftmost pressure plate, and then the two levers in that area didn’t seem to affect the 3 exit doors to that area at all.

I’ll PM you so as not to spoil other’s play.

1 Like

Great - now i can talk about the game! :wink:

7 Likes

Only positive comments allowed! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Woo! I beat the game! Cool ending!

3 Likes

Nice work. Did you get the tip to play it again without being able to save?

1 Like

Yeah, haven’t tried it yet though. I didn’t know what it meant about making the game harder.

You cannot save for a start …

2 Likes

Now I know!

3 Likes

@filmote @Vampirics @raphaelespindola

had a chance to play the game now… lost for words. Awesome.

6 Likes

Really polished game!

6 Likes