[Game]Celeste classic

Celeste runs very fine on HW, but graphics are so tiny. Is it possible to use 110x88 mode and have a scrolling 128x128 playfield?

2 Likes

Nice I will try it out

I am wondering, if we can’t have it taking all the screen, we probably could add a nice custom border I guess, super gameboy style.

2 Likes

@Hanski
i have remake it for screen mode 2 (110x88)
can any one try it on the hardware?

Celeste.bin (73.6 KB)

4 Likes

Fast and enjoyable!

edit: it deserve a small video.

7 Likes

Fantastic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We could add there the sound effects and the soundtrack (in SD card) using the same system as in the L’Abbaye Des Morts game.

2 Likes

I am stuck on 500 m :grin:

i will add sound effects when i have time and i figured out how
here is the source code if any one would help.

Source Code
Celeste.rar (30.5 KB)

4 Likes

This version is amazing. It’s crazy to think someone ported it over. It plays great. The farthest I got was 1800m

2 Likes

I remember when this was released on pico 8 on pocket chip and one of the “features” was using pico 8 to edit the game to make it easier.

3 Likes

New release sound effects added, i hope you enjoy it.

6 Likes

Nice! This is so great. Only issue I can find is that this seems to run a little too fast, which makes it kinda hard to play.

1 Like

Finally got to play this today. I am blown away!! After playing the original Pico-8 version I must admit this port feels incredibly right.
I don’t quite remember the speed of the pico-8 version but I felt this port had the same feel.

The sound makes all the difference too. Absolutely love that.

Save states as mentioned would be nice. Simply because I suck at the game and that means I only get to really play the first 5 or so levels over and over again because when I restart that’s the only further I get :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone who helped make this a reality on Pokitto!

3 Likes

New release
what’s new

• you can save your progress
  • background music streaming from SD card
  • hair color change when dashing
  • new title screen
  • Fixes: drawing some text off screen

Special thanks to @Fmanga, @Vampirics

7 Likes

This a nice little game. I just tried it for the first time, very difficult :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow - have to try later

1 Like

So, found some time - the save featur works great - thanks a lot. I don’t hear any music though, only sound effects (which btw are very good). Am i missing something?

1 Like

Make sure to have the Celeste folder on the root of your SD card as well.

3 Likes

I fell for this too :joy:

2 Likes