And 40K !
Amazing those AA units always get me lol
@gibs would it be better that there remains a crater on the place where the turret explodes?
Now that it “disappears” completely, it does not look as satisfying as it could
If the tilemap is in ram that could be a crater tile. No need to reserve an actual object for it any more.
Anti Air units
This is looking so awesome and I can’t wait to play it. Always like a good schmup. Keep up the great work.
Work In Progress:
Here is a video of the full map on real hardware:
From this angle it looks like an old coin-up arcade machine with a big screen, like the Xevious coin-up arcade
The progress here is incredible! This one is going to really tax my thumbs I can already feel it
That thing looks menacing!
Its easter monday !!
For easter you need a video with good quality sound, so I took the sound from the audio jack a did this video
Are you a striker ?
That is so next level
Looks (and sounds) wonderful!
You can download Full Level 1 on 1st Post.
Wow. This is hard! 1750 is my best score so far The super fast gun feels great! I did not know Pokitto could be this fast
Great job @gibs , its easily the best soundtrack for a game on the pokitto, and the sound quality is beyond everything else i ever heard on Pokitto.
- It’s too hard tho. I managed to get 5925 and 4825 by luck.
- Sounds great too!! you did great not cutting the music on game over - it’s perfect for low-skills people like me.
- No invincibility duration after dying and no position reset means if you made the error of going into a literal bullet hell, you’ll game over no matter how many remaining lives you had.
- I got a hard time keeping an eyes on enemies’ bullets, too, which contribute to my demise a lot
- I like the fact you’re not totally stripping the weapons of the player at death. I really dislike when games make that
- I noticed some towers would “explode” when you explode as well, regardless of their actual states. It’s only a GFX, no impact on the gameplay (alive turrets stay alive), which is kind of confusing
- It’s too hard for me.
- Combined graphics and audio makes this game a really beautiful one! (which makes the difficulty actually more frustrating)
- It’s smooth most of the time! It just glides
- It’s probably not intentional, but I like when the game slow downs when too many things roam on the screen. Reminded me of Empire of Steel, would give you more brain power actually to react on them.
About the musics, for everyone not having it working:
- Musics must be placed on the
music/inv6069/. The zip structure doesn’t respect this at this date, so you need to create the folder by hand.
Again, excellent job!!