[Game]Anarch -- Doom clone FPS

BTW if you want my “”“controversial opinions”"" out of the game, you can fork it and remove it and post it here, no problem :blush: You can really just do whatever. You can create a Christmas edition or something, just replace the textures and sprites with something, make the rocket launcher shoot snowballs etc.

EDIT: Actually thinking about that Christmas mod, it sounds pretty cool, I may try it.

5 Likes

Gameplay video:

10 Likes

Amazing, thanks @jonne :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Although Anarch is “only” one game, the amount of work that has gone into it is phenomenal.

For this the Batcomputer has decided to award Miloslav with the most prestigious badge of Game Mogul!!!

gamemogul @drummyfish

A round of applause!

11 Likes

Tried it out a little. Truly amazing achievement!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Doom e1m1 remake on Drummy’s engine

Just played it a little and I think it’s great! It’s amazing to see what the little Pokitto can do.

Nicely done! :smiley:

3 Likes

@drummyfish , from Twitter

https://youtu.be/X_CAp3Z42MY

4 Likes

Joyhat is here! OMG it feels like my old gameboy advance :sob: Or Nokia N-Gage! This is the future.

This makes the game so much more enjoyable, at least for me. I’m now figuring out how to set the controls. Firstly I wanted the analog stick to behave like mouse, but that wasn’t working as you’d need to be moving with both hands. So I simply use it as a directional control with threshold, which also frees the arrow keys for other uses. My current idea is:

• joystick: movement
  • joy button1: previous weapon
  • joy button2: next weapon
  • A B C: A B C
  • up: jump
  • left/right: strafe
  • down: map

The rumble is so strong it scared away my cats lol.

WIP bin: firmware.bin (178.7 KB)

6 Likes

Wow! Need to try that on my joyhat :grin:
Btw. I had, and still have, NGage too. “Pathway to Glory” was amazing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Meanwhile I’ve discovered a bug: if you die in the latest unlocked level you’ll unlock the next one xD I’ll be releasing new version with fixes and joyhat support soon.

I never had N-Gage, but my bro just bough one for XMas for my other bro so we’re playing around with it right now.

2 Likes

Do you have the original or QD?

Original, switching memory cards on it sucks. Last XMas I also got Nokia 6600 (my most favorite phone ever), which can also run N-Gage games.

My other bro also just bought Siemens SX1 (my second favorite phone).

I really miss the times when phones were fun.

2 Likes

This is why I am working with the Fedora Project on the PinePhone and eventually the Librem 5 :eyes:

1 Like

They will never be this fun again, every phone nowadays is just a big boring screen.

Well maybe except for this one boy that’s going to replace my boring Android phone.

6 Likes

Iirc it contains a fm radio, which was left out from qd.

1.01 released, joyhat pop added.

3 Likes

Just perfect for playing Anarch!

9 Likes

You could have a 2 player split screen mode where one player uses the standard controls and the other uses the hat!

7 Likes

I am currently working on a tool for this using Python. I am learning how to use OpenGL for the first time, so it’s slow going, but I should have more time soon to flesh this out: https://git.pixelbath.com/pixelbath/anarch-mapper

In keeping with the spirit of Anarch, I am also releasing this into the public domain.

9 Likes