Early Bird Kit Question

really need translucent or transparent (clear) colors! :smiley:

3 Likes

I hear you. I am already working on it. Factory is on holiday at the moment (may day). On tuesday I will call them and tell them that transparent versions are desperately needed.

3 Likes

Ditto but transparent for me! Spare shell and button kits in all sorts of colors would be a great option! What say you @jonne ? As a DIY kind of thing everyone loves to customize right?

1 Like

I think you can share 3D designs to everyone. 3D printers are very popular these days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same 3D model can not be used for printer because wall thickness in many features is so thin it is suitable for plastic injection molding but not printing. Even my prototypes are 2 different CAD models for 3D print and manufacturing. The photographed final models are made with high-resolution commercial stereo laser sintering machine (150€ per set). I will make 3D printable version available in due course. Thanks for the suggestion!

2 Likes

Drool!!!

Actually, if there was a retro beige one, I would buy it too!

2 Likes

oh boy that be awesome, if that type of plastic still a thing?
lol so retro that now i want fake wood grain on mine

2 Likes

@mushashi

Buttons are formed in the same injection as the back part. Different color buttons are possible only if different color back parts are made as well

Just so you all know: each additional color costs us 1400 EUR :laughing:

Will there ever be an unpopulated top-hat shell? something with only the header pins on a board in a plastic shell?

2 Likes

You must be reading my mind …

1 Like