So I couldn’t getting fun from my previous entry ([DRAFT][CANCELLED] Ze Launch (Java Comp)) so I’m cancelling it.
Instead I’m starting some sort of battle / war game, quite inspired from Totally Accurate Battle Simulator, a game I’ve fallen in love for its clanky physics and derpy characters. That makes it some kind of weird mix between a strategy, an action and a puzzle game.
Actually the name will be “Totally Accurate Zombie Simulator”, as a homage.
You’re a powerful Lych or Sorcerer. Somehow you ran out of coffee, and those greedy humans don’t want to give some to you, instead gifting you with useless decaffeinated instant coffee and keeping the actual coffee in their hands.
Fortunately your magic powers are still there! But they’re weak, since you need coffee to power them.
Now is the time to visit those pesky humans and ask for donations with some more convincing arguments!
The core gameplay is done in 2 phases:
- Preparation - you’re lining up units, using the limited resources you got, against an already lined-up army.
- Battle - you watch the chaos of your units derpily going against the enemy’s ones.
- There will be a way to control a single unit of your army, and that probably will be the most intelligent one.
It’ll feature several units, including:
- Brawler - Mostly punchers, the cheapest units.
- Swords - They hit with swords, strongest melee units.
- Archers - They will rain arrows on their enemies.
- Shields - They will absorb a lot of damage, especially from the front.
Unfortunately, you’re not able to summon puppies and kittens so the bulk of your army will be made of Zombies and Skeletons, with a few other joyous things.
Depending on the time I got left, it’ll feature:
- Challenge mode
- You’ll have to line up units against an army with a limited choice and resources.
- You can retry a challenge as much as you want.
- Sandbox mode
- You can line-up an army on both side to tests how things turns out.
- Two other modes
I’ve only started since a few days, so for now it looks like a Happy Reunion Simulator, but it won’t be that way for too long
It’s an ambitious game for sure. If my vision comes correct, it should be fun to at least watch.
This thread will mostly provide the (hopefully) regular advancement for the core gameplay.