[Game]Brew of the Undead

Yes, you are all right but I feel that the other level should be an action game also. Yes, I know there is e.g. the Puzzle Quest which mixes genres (thought I have not played it), but still.

1 Like

As much as I love puzzles, I somewhat agree, another action level would make more sense.

Though Iā€™m half expecting this to turn into some kind of tower defence game since itā€™s already half way there (youā€™ve got a swarm of zombies and a purely defensive tower guarding the coffee).

Maybe the daytime part should just be about buying upgrades and defences, or repairing the tower?
Or maybe itā€™s when your performance is graded so you can earn points (which could be spent to repair the tower?).

2 Likes

Here is what I plan to do for the daylight level:

You must collect the coffee bean sacks from the field. Unfortunately, this is also a home district of vampire bats. You are in a hurry because they are chasing you! Try not hit on the
coffee plants or rocks. They will slow you down. Before the day is over, you must have enough coffee beans in the store to survive through the night and zombies.

The gameplay is like this(but maybe upside down):

So only left and right, and occasionally slow down.

6 Likes

Vampire bats are nocturnalā€¦

ā€¦if you accidentally wake them up, they become quite angry :laughing:

Angry Bats, that sounds like a hit game :wink:

2 Likes

Correct, but bats look so cool. Which undead creature could be used instead? Maybe I just use creative freedom here and use the bats.

1 Like

Zombie seagulls. Seagulls can get quite vicious when they swarm.

Alternatively zombie pigeons, zombie chickens or zombie eagles (or even non-zombie eagles).

Or maybe even skeleton seagulls, pigeons, et cetera.

For some reason the ā€˜Carrion Companionā€™ from TF2 springs to mindā€¦
CarrionCompanionSmaller

Though now I think about it, Yoshiā€™s Island had skeleton birds tooā€¦ Skeleton_Goonie

3 Likes

A very nice animation!

2 Likes

The making the day level using placeholder gfx :wink:

3 Likes

Wow, this takes me backā€¦

Looking forward to your game. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is that game?

I am in two minds if the ā€œheroā€ should be a human figure or some vehicle: bicycle, car etc.

Looks like The Ninja on the Sega Master System.

1 Like

Correct! Dingdingding! :smiley:

1 Like

Progress report:

com-gif-maker

Still with placeholder graphics.

7 Likes

Each time I run on the tree, the skeletons come closer, until finally I get to the castle.
com-gif-maker%20(1)

6 Likes

ā™« Spooky scary skeletons send shivers down your spineā€¦ ā™«

For obvious reasons Iā€™m biased in favour of keeping the skeletons. :P

2 Likes

They will need to change since itā€™s from Zelda.

So they are.

I didnā€™t notice with the colour palette being different.

Theyā€™re 2 pixels too tall, but I found some temporary replacements from open game art:

3 Likes