[DEVLOG] Nano-Phage Zero

It’s amazing my wife, mom, and I play it all the time.

I have the newer version and was originally introduced to it with the old version. Both are very fun, the original had some additional elements (like crushers, ramps, and oil slicks) that increased the complexity. There were also some expansions with new elements (whatever you do stay away from the fun house board or it’ll really hurt your brain). That board uses mirrors which not only reflect your laser but also if your robot is facing a mirror when it executes a rotate left/right then it rotates in the opposite direction.

A long time ago (in a galaxy nearby) I actually worked on making a PC version of the game so I could play it solo against an AI. Never actually got past a level editor (most of my old prototypes sort of stopped with a nice level editor).

I can honestly recommend either version (though the newer one is easier to grasp) as neither my wife nor my mom can figure out where they’re going half the time, but they still really enjoy it nonetheless. I’ve also painted all the figures as well (miniature painting is another of my many hobbies). From the screenshots/gifs your programming minigame definitely reminds me of it (my wife felt the same, and she’s played your game unlike me who’s a judge and must wait).

3 Likes