Chara pixelcroft in the shrine of dusty artifacts

Take a look at this answer on gamedev.stackexchange. Pro’s/con’s are set there;

For this resolution you might get away with a simple easeOut Quart; Robert Penner wrote a lot of those in Flash days; here is a c++ impl wrapped for open frameworks, but you can use the formula’- in the repo; ofpennereasing/Quart.cpp at master · jesusgollonet/ofpennereasing · GitHub

1 Like

lol wel i need it a little more specific that that

7 Likes

You gotta be kidding me. You are doing that in the simulator? Holy cow.

3 Likes

lol, well its not finished yet

Anyone got a a better title then crypt looter?
I feels its a little on the noise of what im referencing.

How about having a more child friendly name like “Explorer of the crypt” or name the game after a hero like “Emma the Explorer”, etc.

How about Catacomb Adventures

1 Like

is nobody picking up on the tomb raider reference?

Of course we got it but the number of synonyms for “tomb” and above all for “raider” are quite limited…

That was of course the reference, but @jonne’s Lara Pixelcroft’s Adventures would maybe too obvious. If you are keen on the tomb, then how about naming the game as Lara’s Tomb Adventures or Kelly stomp the tomb. :smile:

Here’s a community idea. Seeing as there are quite a few wonderful devs raring to get go, how about organize a dev challenge to go with the Kickstarter campaign? In the remaining days till the end of the KS (or shipping date or…), develop and submit a finished game or utility/program, Best 3 or 10 wins Pokitto swag, generate some excitement to coincide with the campaign, incentives for devs and backers/buyers/etc. Win, win for all.

2 Likes

Since I thought he only wanted to share a snippet of his project or even just “throw-away code”, I advised using Github Gist for this purpose. But if his intention was to share his complete project, a git repository would have been better advise yes.

@adekto some word plays on Tomb raider:
Pit looter
Vault privateer
Catacomb bandit
Crypt marauder
Grave plunderer

:sweat_smile:

Laura Craft - Shrine Invader?

Thats a great idea! Thanks!

i hope everyone likes the kinda mashing of all titles

if not here less code and more art

but its a pixel art game i hear you say, yes i know but i want a box or pdf manual like all good games used to have

4 Likes

Laureth Pixelcruft: Oubliette Scrounger

ok still want to fix that physics it realy not looking to good, im also looking at it and drawing allot ofscreen the entire 16x16 test level is constantly draw, not sure if i could sector that out and reduce loops since i want bigger levels to explore
i want to add edge climbing but im not entirely sure how that works

not allot of progress on this project atm, still stuck with platforming, i kinda wanna try ledge climbing but idk how that would work, if anyone knows or is willing to help out would be nice

1 Like

Edge climbing / grabbing would be really cool though.

i know but what i have already is a bit beyond me, im not that experienced with real time and physics.
im primarily a puzzle and board game guy XD

1 Like