BMP2POK graphics conversion tool

Kindly suggested by @trelemar:
Sprite get the name from the image filename. Then you can edit as you need.
There’s no check on valid symbol name.

Latest version always here:
https://github.com/Effer/img2pok/blob/master/Binaries/Latest.zip

3 Likes

That was quick. Thanks so much! It’ll speed up a tedious step of renaming the array every time I update the art.

1 Like

@HomineLudens : I think i’ve found a bug

In the 0.4 version (but also latest v0.7), if I open a flat red 8x8 pixel indexed color .bmp square, the right and bottom edges are blurred. This blur only comes from the img2pok program, the .bmp itself is fine

It’s a “feature” of the paint panel :grin:
Not sure if I can fix it. Anyway output is not affected it’s just a visual artifact. Thanks for reporting.

But it is: you get way many more palette entries than you should

Not sure that’s due to the blur effect, but I’ll check it better. You should try use “Extract All colors” if your image has the correct number of colors.

1 Like

It’d be nice if the images were scaled with nearest-neighbor instead of bilinear so the pixel art is crisp. This might be a reason why it pulls extra colors too.

1 Like

@HomineLudens : could you please create an own thread for img2pok ? I will make a “tools” directory for utilities the same way as we have games and wiki. Don’t worry about the title and cateory, I will fix it later. But now we have bmp2pok and img2pok mixed in the same thread and that is confusing

Checking now, @jonne was right. There’s an error in the Extraction of the palette for images smaller then 32 pixel (Width/Height) I’ll see what I can do for the scaled image.

Sure sorry, can’t remember why I’ve keep pushing here updates.

1 Like