Anyone interested in a Pokitto port of Minesweeper?

An earlier version of it is already in the POKITTO_XTERNALS folder

We should perhaps create a separate git repo for this dev work so that me and you can work on it without messing up things for others ?

I think this would be best.

I think if VSCode+PlatformIO is going to act as the recommended code editor (and I think it should be) then a lot of the stuff that was previously in POKITTO_XTERNALS should be relocated to an external repo anyway.
(As well as some of the other libs, like FixMath.)
Then people who don’t need it don’t have to import it and people who do need it can just download the source and put it in their lib folder.

Edit
This should also make maintenance slightly easier because if one thing breaks, it should’t automatically break everything else.
E.g. if PokittoArduboy2 v1.1.0 breaks because of a bad commit then it won’t upset PokittoIO (PokittoLib PlatfomIO version)

1 Like

Create a dev branch, no need for a new repo, right?

There is need for a new repo, the new Pokitto2 port is going to be separate from the main library.

One of the problems with the original PokittoLib is that it has so many examples and libraries packed into it that it takes several minutes to download.
The new PlatformIO+VSCode system has a lib folder that you can just drag and drop stuff into, so it makes sense to publish libraries separately instead of bundling everything together.

1 Like