Suggest a game to do next (a.k.a. Game idea Survivor island, ep. 1)?

Can someone be more specific about “Little Pokitto People”? I voted for it as it seems more unique than i direct port or whatever.

2 Likes

I’ve actually already contacted dir3kt about making a sequel, but if he’s not interested then we can re-use the engine to make something new, with new characters and enemies.

He hasn’t used the Arduboy forums in a long time,
so I may have to look for another way to get in contact if there’s no reply.

I saw it had 10 votes, so I resisted the urge to vote and closed the polls myself.
An extra vote either way wouldn’t have tipped the scales.

Are people voting without realising what Little Pokitto People actually is?

I think that is the reason people vote for it :smile: Everyone’s projecting their ideas onto this abstract concept, but no one knows what it actually is. That is also why I’ve been trying to go for the other games, because this can turn out to be a bit of an over hyped idea without a concrete vision. I’d like to be wrong though.

3 Likes

I hope that’s not true, otherwise this could get messy.

Anyone who hasn’t done so, please read the thread I linked to in my previous comment.

Maybe that’s one of the reasons CastleBoy has gone down so well?
At least everyone has an idea of what it already looks like.

1 Like

Maybe, it’s the game with the least amount of hidden surprise.

So, everybody happy or not?

Move on to Little Pokitto people dev thread?

:grin:

7 Likes

Cool. Post must be 10 characters.

This game sounds big enough that there really should be a Game Design Document before the actual “dev” starts, to make sure everyone’s on the same page.

Edit: Doesn’t have to be a long, detailed document. It’d do to have a short description of basic features/mechanics.

Edit 2: It would also be good to know who’s in the team so that the scope doesn’t get too big.

6 Likes

Basically it is a “game” the original virtual pet, you optimally get a little person who lives inside the pokitto you take care of her (so far I have only made the female model “Jenny”)
you feed her, give her water and records ect, more stuff will eventually come like playing games with the person, and of course more people will move in as well, I want to have male and female characters with several outfits and far styles so they will be different, on the C64 they supposedly were unique to each console.

3 Likes

really?

Summary

This text will be hidden

Have we got one of these yet, are we re-using the ideas thread?

This is your friendly dictator.

7 days and nothing has happened on the Little Pokitto people.

I think the idea, as enchanting as it is, is difficult to visualize and get active on.

(and I admit I have been super busy at work this past week)

I, for one, am ready to start working on the second-best idea, aka. Super Castleboy.

Shall I start organizing teams or what does everybody want?

2 Likes

I think there’s two problems.

1. Most people aren’t actually sure what it’s supposed to be like
  2. Most people are busy doing other things because it’s December
4 Likes

Excuses, excuses!

1 Like

Personally I would not have time for one or the other this month, sorry. No excuses there.

Im ready to supply ideas as soon as someone asks, (just been a bit busy, december lol)

basically it is a pocket pet, but it is the little person who lives inside your pokitto, and you have to take care of it,

What about MiniCraft ?

shmup_preview

Actually started to work on a mode13 Gradius clone for Pokitto on my spare time. Here is a small mockup. However I think I lost motivation, I don’t feel like designing a shmup atm…

6 Likes

Gradius would be the bomb!

3 Likes

Now that is interesting, look like a GBC 2D Minecraft. But sill too bad @drummyfish 3D demo didn’t took off as a 3D Minecraft, it was already quite good…

2 Likes
1 Like