[Solved] Us Linux users wanna play too!

Hey! So I’ve always wanted to learn c++. I’ve been writing in Lua for about a year now and want to mix things up. I’d stay the one thing that held me back from learning c++ was an actual tool or gadget like you have with pokitto to modivate me.

I was amazed when I first saw the pokitto, and it is such a cool idea. I love the different graphics modes and similar devices like the arduboy didn’t interest me with the lack of color ect…

Basically, I’m asking for you to cosider making a linux version for the simulator as a big priority right now so we can dig in :slight_smile:

1 Like

sim was made from day one with linux in mind. uses code::blocks and sdl2, both crossplatform. its only small things need to be fixed. it’ll run on linux very soon

1 Like

Awesome. I realized the simulator it’s self wasn’t cross-platform after trying to build the hello world example and it kept failing with no idea why :stuck_out_tongue:

pity about mac users tho. need to figure out some solution

1 Like

I just booted my Windows machine. Remote Desktop on my mac :D. Works for the time being.

1 Like

Unfortunately had to take care of business today, had no time to fire up Ubuntu.

will get back to this tomorrow

1 Like

Ok. Back in Ubuntu and cloning the repo. Let’s see how far I get today

3 Likes

When you update pokitto.zip please remind us(linux users)

1 Like

Linux is now compiling. Does not run correctly yet. Investigating.

Progress though! Your work is appreciated.

Segmentation fault with sound. Continuing investigation.

Success!! Runs now (with sound disabled. I need to find the cause of the segmentation fault)

2 Likes

You did it! :smile: Messing with it without sound for now is fine with me at least!

Going to put this up on Pokitto github later today (hopefully)

4 Likes

Still hopeful : ) Really can’t wait to dig in!

1 Like

other things just keep getting in the way. :sweat:

will get back to this today

1 Like

Have been continuing work on this. Cleaned up version destined for github compiles but segfault reappeared.

2 Likes