Online Python Editor for Pokitto!

This is how we thought it would be.

1 Like

How are the categories decided?
Do you just ask people how much prior experience they have?

And how do you decide what experience counts?
E.g. 3 years of Python experience vs 5 years of Java experience but no prior Python experience

1 Like

We will have to use pure and simple common sense

The reason for the division is that otherwise we will have to give all three prizes to most experienced coders and we don’t think that would be fair

We will use the combined wisdom of bringing up 5 kids and the wisdom of the Batcomputer and we hope the Pokitto community understands and has goodwill towards the process

5 Likes

We are busy discussing this with @Hanski at the moment

AND

this will NOT be the last compo, so everyone will get a chance to win, don’t worry

I absolutely loved the compo so far and i want to do this again

3 Likes

I certainly want to participate to the next one :wink: Even if it has too been a very nice and interesting experience to be on this side of the table.

3 Likes

It certainly won’t, I haven’t forgotten about the fabled art contest. :P

2 Likes

Oh yeah… :hot_face:

2 Likes

I’m confused about the batcomputer. Really.

Who has a batcave???

1 Like
2 Likes

Hi all !

Batcomputer was running into infinite loop when trying to categorize the competition entries :wink: It was too much even for the mighty BC. So we decided to change the system. As before, total 3 prizes are given.

1. The Pokitto community chooses the best game

In addition, the judges select two games which receive special prizes:

1. The “great effort” prize - for encouragement
  2. The “pushing the envelope / interesting idea” prize

I will make a separate post about the poll. The poll will end on thursday, 18:00 GMT.

5 Likes

I much prefer this system.
It’s more interesting and slightly fairer.

4 Likes

@torbuntu

I just realized I forgot to ask you to make a game entry for TGG

1 Like

:scream: I’ll have to get to that when I get home.

A bug report:

• If I delete a file from a project it is removed from the list, but not really removed from the project. The next time switch back to the project, the deleted files are there.

Changing the font flag doesn’t make any difference for the game.

It’s been a while but I’m pretty sure it used to work like this. Am I missing something?

How do you change that?

1 Like

Under “Flags” there is a combobox for “Font”.

This is the default 5x7 font (?):

Now I change it to another font - note the preview text - and press “Play” and wait for the compile to finish…

The game still uses the default font:

I also tried changing a bit of code - to ensure that it actually re-compiles. Didn’t help.

It’s kind of noticeable in my game… :wink:
font_vocfi

3 Likes

Yes, that has worked before. @FManga might know if there are any known issues.

Hmm, looks like something got erased in the PokittoLib update. I’ll have a look at it ASAP.

Edit: There, I updated both PokittoPython and PyInSky.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it has been discussed before since I haven’t read the full thread.
However I think it would be great if it was possible to connect to github from the editor. It would make it much easier to keep version control and also to shift between machines. I guess handling the password would be the greatest difficulty overcome.

3 Likes