Online Python Editor for Pokitto!

In the central US it is only 19:05 :thinking:… the officials are sleeping since it is long passed the middle of the night.

1 Like

Is Pokitto MicroPython IDE down now?
Even if push play button, it doesn’t fade now.

Sorry for same question again, but I want to know offline way of building from .py to .bin.
I read about Embitz, but on backend of MicroPython IDE, it uses something CUI batch process, I suppose.
For example, can I use PlatformIO or something to build Python app? And how to do it?

If you have nodejs installed you can git clone the pyinsky repo and run it locally with a node server.

1 Like

Thank you!
I’ll try it.

1 Like

I just did it today. Was super simple!

1 Like

Finished up my entry! I would have added a few more things, like a title screen or sound effects, but I ran out of time. Still, I think it turned out fun, if a bit simple.

I’m excited to play all the other entries when I have time, because they look great!

6 Likes

Wow great stuff, thanks for your entry.

ok everybody,

I’ve just woken up so I guess we can now say this was the competition deadline.

The compo was so much fun that we have to do this again. I really enjoyed following how everyone worked and I am surprised at the number and the quality of games submitted in such a short time

We will now set up the technical stuff for streaming videos about the entries. For example, I will hook up a DSLR to video the games on hardware and build a remote-controlled pokitto, so that I won:t have to film my hands all the time :wink:

More on this soon, once again a big thank you to everyone, including all Pokitto fans who supported and motivated.

5 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be down now. It must have been asleep. To wake it up, just try again.

It is possible to build using embitz (and PlatformIO, I presume) but the process isn’t as quick and friendly.
One thing that will be a problem, if I remember correctly, is that you’re on Mac OS. Hanski’s scripts are Windows batch files and mine are for Linux. For pyinsky to run you’ll need to replace gcc-arm-none-eabi.

An offline and platform-independent version of the IDE is being planned.

1 Like

Zelda-esque, wow! I cannot wait to play this :slight_smile: Added to the list.

1 Like

That’s a nice idea! Added to the list.

Now all the entries are there, total 18, which is amazing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

18, cool!
Here is my updated zip containing all 18 with source.

Spring 2019 Contest.zip (2.0 MB)

1q48_v0_2.bin
BigBlue.bin
boblo.bin
Bounce.bin
jetpack_v1_1.bin
kamerakatze.bin
lanea.bin
Mandelbrot.bin
MrDriller.bin
Noggin.bin
pyrates.bin
rexitto.bin
scummpy.bin
tgg.bin
topfish.bin
ufo.bin
vocfi.bin
YouShallNotPass.bin

4 Likes

Maybe install gcc-arm-none-eabi and jake, it can build on Mac too.
Thank you!

1 Like

No need to install jake, the jake.js script in pyinsky is unrelated to the jake in npm.
All you need is to put gcc-arm-none-eabi in place of the one that’s included and install nodejs if you don’t have it already.

2 Likes

Finland is currently on UTC+03:00. (Accounting for the clocks going forward last night.)

1 Like

Updated Pyrates, it was accidentally an old version. @spinal could you update the zip also?

2 Likes

Updated the one in this post -

Feel free to stick it up the top of the thread for people to download (if you’re happy that it’s up to date).

Here is my updated zip containing all 18 with source.

If you ask me, 18 sounds pretty awesome :slight_smile: My Mandelbrot was just a test, not meant as an entry :blush: Also sorry for not having posted any game, am kind of busy lately, but I’m really glad so many people did.

3 Likes

Yes indeed. And the quality of games is awesome also!
You put the ball rolling… :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks! It is in the competition post now.

1 Like

I would like to say a huge thank you to @FManga and @Hanski, it was my first time programming python but working with the online editor made it a great learning experience, i enjoyed every bit of it specially the sprite editor.

here’s an update to my game adding:

• basic sound effect (i hope this work)
  • 5 more levels
  • fixing a bug

i know that the competition is ended, i just want to complete my game.

Jetpack_v11.bin (175.9 KB)
Jetpack_v11.zip (97.8 KB)

8 Likes