rexitto.bin
scummpy-it.bin
scummpy.bin
tgg.bin
ufo.bin
vocfi.bin
YouShallNotPass.bin

5 Likes

Just remove the import framebuf line, framebuf was deprecated and the import never did anything.

Your scummpy is an Italian version, but it is good for studying the language :wink:

1 Like

I think there is one more coming from @dir3kt

1 Like

Done and added.

English version added.

Um… Pls add? nudge :wink:

2 Likes

Will publish tonight,before midnight my time. Hope this is fine. Went through lot of issues related to RAM usage. Now they are fixed but… The game lags. The snake eating its own tail haha.

4 Likes

No worries, we are eagerly waiting for your entry. Its good that you live in Tuvalu. Plenty of time.

1 Like

I misspelled. I meant Anchorage

Keep adding to: “place to visit in my life” :grin:

Added to Spring 2019 Contest.zip [Release & Competition] Online Python Editor for Pokitto!

3 Likes

One random optimization tip: in loops, avoid indirect references. Instead cache data to local variables.
E.g. before loop set objx = obj.rect.x and use objx inside the loop, if that is constant inside the loop. The same can be used for function names, e.g. blit = sprite.blit. Python is slow if it needs to do many reference lookups on each loop operation.

5 Likes

To the loo.

That same advice applies to certain other dynamic languages too, e.g. Lua.

It can also apply in C++ even, but it’s rarer for it to make a difference because of the level of optimisation available to a static type system.

2 Likes

Updated the entry.

1 Like

Looks interesting! Added to the list.

That’s a classic! Added to the list.

1 Like

As I mentioned elsewhere this puzzle has an interesting backstory! Added to the list.

So after cursing Python, web browser and the world, Legend of Lanea is finally here!

I used the word ‘cursing’ but it was more like a love-hate relationship :slight_smile: More seriously using the tool has been great, the workflow is good, super direct. It allowed me to iterate much quicker. And coding + editing maps in the same web page, that was super great! So yeah thanks a lot for pulling this tool out guys/girls.

Looking back I do believe I took some wrong design decision for the coding. This is what mostly led me to having RAM issues, which I had to solve by putting dirty tricks in the code. So yeah it’s not as clean as it initially was, but it works :slight_smile: I do plan on trying to clean up and rewrite it in a more efficient way, maybe.

All in all it has been a great ride and I can’t wait to play all the entries, after a long rest…

4 Likes

You made it just in time! :sweat_smile: Congrats!

1 Like