POLL: Your favorite features of the Online Pokitto Python Editor :-)

Now is your chance to give feedback to the creators of the Online Pokitto Python Editor :slight_smile: Select your favorite features, be it an editor feature or an API feature, etc.

• Integrated Pokitto emulator
  • Integrated pixel/sprite editor
  • Image importing
  • Sound effect file drag-and-drop capability
  • Selectable font
  • Online examples
  • Integrated code editor
  • Automatic “Project” management & save to cloud
  • PyGame API in general
  • Tilemap API
  • Sound API
  • Sprite/SpriteGroup class
  • (Micro)Python language
  • Automatic generation of the ROM image
  • Other (add a comment to this thread)

0 voters

Extend primitives with lines, pixel shapes?

2 Likes

Could you put these in the improvements thread? Could you also elaborate pixel shapes?

2 Likes

In the poll results looks like people like the integrated tools most.

What kind of new tools you would like to have integrated in the future versions?

Tune composer. But we need sound in the IDE for that

3 Likes

I would like to have piskel more integrated (that would make the python editor even better).

1 Like

How about if we added Python array output to Piskel? You could have both open and just copy-paste

1 Like

I didn’t read at all on Python but one of the reason I didn’t try to learn it yet is because I want to learn something that may be useful elsewhere… Is this a language commonly used like C++ or it’s just like a beginner type of language? And I don’t want to sound like if it’s not worthy, I just don’t know anything about it.

1 Like

Python is one of the most popular languages currently

2 Likes

But for what scope of projects? Being popular in which fields? I think these are the questions wanting answers :slight_smile:

From this Stack Overflow Survey:

Python, the fastest-growing major programming language, has risen in the ranks of programming languages in our survey yet again, edging out Java this year and standing as the second most loved language (behind Rust).

1 Like

Most languages find a use somewhere,
it’s only ever the truly obscure languages that die off.
The ones that aren’t used are the ones hardly anyone has heard of.

Python is very popular for various reasons.
I’m a very cynical person, so I think one of the big reasons why Python is more popular than scripting languages with similar capabilities (e.g. Perl and Lua) is because Google uses it and has put a lot of power behind advertising it and backing tools and libraries for it.
Also I think Django has contributed a lot to its popularity,
but I don’t do webdev so that sort of stuff is usually off my radar.

1 Like

That would already be great!