Pokitto Magazine (!)

Even a one-timer could be fun! ā€œPokitto Userā€, ā€œPokitto Magazineā€? I could contribute an article if someone volunteers to be the editor :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never been an editor before, but if nobody else would like to volunteer then Iā€™ll do my best attempt to make the magazine happen :slight_smile:

I like the sound of ā€œPokitto Userā€ and ā€œPokitto Magazineā€ ;D

3 Likes

Thatā€™s great! It would be a fun project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some possible articles I was thinking of for a first run:

Community submissions:

1. Share your Pokitto story. Why you chose Pokitto and a possible photo of your sweet custom color selections.

2. First Pokitto program and tools to make it.

3. Tips and Tricks from the pros. A collection of code snippets or guides from the members of the community.

General:

1. How to get started in Pokitto (set up and basic tutorial)

2. Hello, team C++! A first program on the Pokitto (cpp)

3. Hello, team Python! A first program on Pokitto using micro python.

4. Get to know the Pokitto in depth. A layout of hardware and physical features.

Other?

The possibilities are out there! This could be an awesome project.

2 Likes

Pokitto Heads! (And other hardware projects)

1 Like

Pokitto Robot Car :wink:

2 Likes

Porting games from system X to Pokitto (C++ or Python). This can be e.g. a tutorial, or just a report of most common problems.

1 Like

Hat experimentsā€¦

4 Likes

Wow! So a speaker, a joystick, a joystick with buttons and rumble. What are the remaining two experiments?

1 Like

the grey one is just rumble, from an N64 rumble pack, the joystick is actually just a variable resistor, to be used with a pong type game, although the min/max position is only within about 90 degrees, leaving 90 degrees either side being wasted. the one with the white bit is a Wii controller adaptor.

3 Likes

Seems to me like there is definitely material for a great first issue! :smiley:

One thing I realized that would make this great is the visual design. My design skills are sorrowfully lacking, so I wonder if anyone of the fantastic artists in this community would like to propose some artwork :D?

2 Likes

So maybe splitting by category would make more sense.
In no particular order

1. Software (pokitto related software projects like games or programs, tools used for making them, tutorials)
  2. Hardware (pokitto hardware projects like hats and cases and such. Tutorials for hardware)
  3. Art and design (game art, program art, custom designs foe hardware etcā€¦)
  4. Projects (by submissions?)
  5. Highlights (community events, new/coming games or programs or hardware)
  6. Other (various things in the world of diy tech)
4 Likes

Anybody has talent to make a Pokitto comic strip for the magazine? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Marvel superhero style :rofl:

1 Like

How about one featuring a little girl that rides on a giant python, a caffeine addict and an old man? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yes, please! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And maybe jokes too!
Here is one: Why C++ coders need glasses?
Because they cannot see sharp :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Comics and jokes most definitely belong :smiley:

1 Like

Slanderous lies, I can program in both C++ and C#. :P
(Though I probably do need glasses.)

3 Likes

:slight_smile: with jokes like that, this comes in mindā€¦

1 Like

I almost forgotā€¦

2 Likes