Pokitto is on the way, what games should I make?

Turn based multiplayer?

“Silicon valley opoly” for the pokitto,
I once worked on a Silicon valley based version of Magic the Gathering, with the colors being developers, apple, microsoft, linux, ect

if there are ports ,I should suggest only classic pre NES games, like C64, Atari, sinclair, bbc micro ect

2 Likes

bit late but this reminded me of this
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=59509#p

4 Likes

This is a nice game!
I was wondering does the pico-8 only has limitations in terms of available size or does it also have limitations in terms of processor speed?

Anyone thought of a Microcity Arduboy remake for the Pokitto? Obviously we cant do Cats and Coins as that’s for the Gamebuino but a game like it?

1 Like

If you want, I could ask JHHoward if he’s happy with me using the Arduboy2 library port that I’m working on to port it to Pokitto?

Depending on how many of the obscure Arduino rules the game relies on, it would probably take somewhere between a few minutes to a few hours to port.
(Unless it has sound, in which case the sound can’t be ported yet.)

1 Like

Why can’t you port cats? Some crazy French law?

yeah!! have you played Microcity yet? I forgot Cats and Coins is still just a work in progress, but if we could do a similar project, that would be sweeeeet!

@drummyfish- MicroTD looks cool! https://community.arduboy.com/t/microtd-tower-defense-for-arduboy/6223

You guys seen this before? Mini RTS? https://twitter.com/alxmdev/status/981664096733966336

1 Like

Thanks, I’d like to port MicroTD, but I’ll wait for @Pharap’s Arduboy library to be finished. Then it can be just a few minute’s work. If anyone wants to create a tower defense, please take inspiration in this – it is a FOSS tower defense game that however takes a new approach, similar to Factorio. Very addictive.

3 Likes

MicroTD would be awesome!

2 Likes

Micro td looks neat, psst Oregon trail/pokitto trail

1 Like

Asked him. Let me know if he gets ahold of you. This game would be awesome on the Pokitto!

1 Like

BTW I’ve started working on my 3D engine again:

Here is a 3D model on Pokitto:

out

10 Likes

giphy

Are you going to support even flat shading?

1 Like

Yep, it’s already supported – you can turn off computing the values per-pixel and only have them per-triangle, which will also make it muuuch more faster (what you’re seeing above is completely unopotimized, that should get faster too).

5 Likes

Oh my gosh… would a small blurb about this be possible for the magazine? (I’m starting to sound like an obnoxious reporter haha)

2 Likes

I would enjoy writing something :slight_smile: But I’d probably like to have something specific first to not be just talking about abstract things. I’m planning to create some demos again, then I can do this. Which reminds me I’ve forgotten to send you my licensing article. I’ll send it to you via PM.

3 Likes

Great! Maybe for the second issue of the magazine then :smirk:
I’ll check out the article right now!

I know you enjoy working finding ways to do things more then just making games, but I’d sure love if you could just make 1 with what you came up so far. :wink:

2 Likes