Happy Runeberg Day - Runeberg Torte

The other day I accidentally discovered that the 5th of February is Runebergin päivä (Runeberg Day) in Finland, a day to celebrate J. L. Runeberg, and to celebrate Runeberg Day some people make a Runebergintorttu (Runeberg torte).

Since Finland is the home of the Pokitto, I thought I’d make a Runeberg torte in honour of Pokitto’s homeland!

…Unfortunately I’m not a very good cook, so I made some crude sprite art instead:

Here’s the same sprite scaled up a bit:

5 Likes

It also happens to be my birthday :wink:

9 Likes

Ouh Happy happy birthday then ;D

2 Likes

Just a funny thing this came up, because I always take Runeberg cakes to work when I have my bday.

1 Like

I’m stuggling to tell if you’re being serious or pulling our legs.

That is a weird coincidence. Did you save us any? :P

Not that we could get them anyway, nobody’s developed a RTTP yet (Runberg Torte Transfer Protocol).

(There is a HTCPCP though - I hear Finland is the top consumer of coffee per capita.)

I found out about Runeberg torte because I was reading the Wikipedia article about Finnish food because I heard that Finland is one of the countries where people live longest (alongside Japan and Greece) so I was wondering what foods they had in common.

2 Likes

Happy birthday!!! :champagne:

3 Likes

:sunglasses:

This year, I am renting a movie theater to watch Escape from New York , 150 ppl max.

@Hanski, want to come? It’s on saturday at 20:15. No gifts, no speeches :grin: Avec, bring a friend if you want.

2 Likes

Really? Where is that?

Really. I will PM you.

Happy birthday! May this day be filled with whatever you want!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Jonne!
Wow another year just passed away!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday! I wonder when is the birthday of Pokitto?

3 Likes

Happy birthday!

1 Like

Happy birthday !

1 Like

Happy birthday!

1 Like

Thanks all!

Happy Birthday :birthday:

Happy Bday!

Looks like I’m late to the party. No Runebergintorttu for me then. :P