Extended Controls Gamepad Hat

Just a stupid idea I thought of. Rotate the Pokitto 90 degrees, put this hat on and get more buttons for input.

17 Likes

neat, this isn’t even that hard to make

4 Likes

That’s not a stupid idea. thats a great idea.

6 Likes

Some games (like Tetris) can easily playable with this. I like this idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pure genius! Sign me up!

2 Likes

You misspelled stupid…the correct spelling here would have been A-W-E-S-O-M-E

2 Likes

I don’t have the facilities to make this yet, but I really want to put one of these in my PEX tutorial.
I hope my tiny breadboard has room. I might have to get myself a joystick and a larger breadboard.

Dunno about the speaker, might have to cut that out.

1 Like

Wow!! This is awesome!!!

3 Likes

i could probably do the hardware but programming…not a clue

The programming will depend on how complex the hardware is.
Button state should be a simple digital pin read.
The slider thingy would probably be 2-axis analogue input like a joystick normally is.
No idea about the speaker (sound is the one thing I’m completely clueless about :P).

This would be epic. I love it!

genius!
But the first thing I think: changing buttons.
when I quickly pressed up down left right, these switch buttons often stop work suddenly . Maybe all using rubber buttons is a good idea.
And it’s very cheap!!!

or

1 Like

Thanks Rakkachi

no prob, i was looking to place something like these :

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/5-stks-pak-originele-Omron-muis-micro-schakelaar-D2FC-F-7N-20-M-muis-knop-20/32836995665.html

They are used in a mouse so very strong and detects 100 % of the clicks (according to internet, so then its true)

i got some of these laying around, but i think that kills the portability a little bit

3 Likes

lol, i have the same in my Sega MegaTech but i dont think they will fit :smile: